Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happiness Day 1: Laundry

So...today, while reading a friends blog, I stumbled across this blog about happiness.

I only read a few of the posts, and I'm not exactly sure if this is what the post does, but it got me thinking. In the past, I've been told that I tend to remember the bad things that happen in my life, instead of the good. I've done a couple things to try to change that, like starting a journal where I only write happy things, but haven't really stayed motivated with them. I think that I've gotten better about it, but this is me trying again.

Everyday for at least a year, I am going to write about at least one thing during my day that made me happy. My goal is, that by the end, I will be more on my way to remembering the happy things in life. I'm actually really excited about it. I've been into reading friends blogs lately and I always wish that I was good at it, so I'm going to try now!! Wish me luck!!

DAY 1: Laundry

I actually HATE doing laundry. I usually wait for months at a time before I finally get around to doing my laundry. However, at this time, I'm living with my family in a place that doesn't have a washer and dryer. So, about once a week I go with my mom to the Laundromat in town to do laundry. It is nice doing the laundry here because what would normally take all week, only take a couple hours. However, my favorite thing about laundry day is that I get to spend it with my mom!!

Here's how the couple of hours today went.
1.) Go to Laundromat and start 6 loads of wash.
2.) While wash is going, go to the grocery store for weekly shopping.
3.) Back to the Laundromat to switch things over to dryer.
4.) Take food home and put away.
5.) Back to the Laundromat to fold the clothes.
6.) Take clothes home and put away.

On any normal day I would HATE this. Especially if I had to do it by myself. However, I love that the whole time I get to spend it with my mom. I'm actually going to miss having laundry day with her when I go back to school!!



This picture is from last year on the 4th of July, but it's us!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this new blog and the idea of finding something happy or positive to write every day. Congratulations and I look forward to reading the entrees. I love you baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. Maybe I should do something like this. Good job.

    ReplyDelete